Xp Flash Memory It Does What Is Says It Does. How Can My Xp Read A FAT Hard Drive Connected To Usb As External?

How can my xp read a FAT hard drive connected to usb as external? - xp flash memory it does what is says it does.

I had a hard drive on a computer with Windows 98 My computer does not work, so he bought a box on the hard disk for files from a hard drive, but my XP can not even read. I put the USB drive as an external hard drive, but not displayed on my computer. Other players that I work perfectly with the case. I do not want the files I lost on this .. HD I right click on My Computer, went to management and disk management and see the hard drive on my computer (C) I also see a flash memory (L) and you will see the hard drive has such important information, but he came not drive letters, but said healthy (assets) as the others. I have not had the opportunity to open it or something just for the formatting, but that's not something I want to .. Can anyone help please do.

Thanks

5 comments:

Gerry Mac said...

The problem is hard drive has an operating system included (Windows 98) does not contain as for storage.

1: you can see if you can boot your computer USB in the BIOS (very unlikely, unless a new)

Option 2: Remove the hard drive ... put in the trunk at the age of one year, save the files to a USB port to move back to the XP disk ... Win98 hooking the old and the storage format.

Advisory Service said...

First, you can describe a little about their first computer with Windows 98 How do you know who does not?

Is it possible that the device is connected, as are the problems?

I have bad experiences about connecting an external hard drive. No wonder why the paranoia.

Hokiefir... said...

Start here http://www.google.com/search?q=missing% 2 ...

Make it a great day

mrresear... said...

Hmmm, should the FAT format no problem ....

Does the unit known as the master?

Aaron Patton said...

First, make sure that the device is switched on before you connect with USB.

No matter what the driver of a hard drive connected via USB, so do not worry

Try this:

Restart the computer, the power, then connect the hard drive.

Once the connection is established, right-click on My Computer and select Manage from the menu.

"Disk Management" from the list of topics on the left side of the screen.

In the bottom half of the right side of the window you should see all disks connected to the computer. In this unit area are given numerical designations, so that the drive you want to be the highest and the lowest in the list, and should be written as

Disc 2
Basic
40.0 GB
Online

or something similar. In any case, the right mouse button on the warning and see if "Allow" to "enable" mount "or a similar option in the list and select it.

It sometimes works.

Post a Comment